I want to start this post off by saying that I’m not writing this to be insensitive of those that have been negatively impacted by this pandemic. Trust me, so have I. I just wanted to use this space to highlight some positivity within this uncertain time. I don’t want to focus on what I’ve lost. As I am returning back to the office that I’ve not been able to work in since March, I want to reflect on what I’ve gained, what I’ve been able to focus more energy into, and the experiences that I’ve been grateful to have over the last five months.
- Patience ~ I have been humbled. God always comes through though, but it may not be on “my time.” I’ve learned to trust the process.
- Lived in the present ~ I’m always so focused on my future. My next goal. My next project. Being forced to stay in the house with minimum funds made it so that I had no choice but to slow down and live in the now. Everything seemed paused which made me enjoy my limited company even more. I was also able to soak in all that I’ve accomplished and where I am now.
- Spent more time with my boyfriend ~ We have been nailing this looooonnnngg distance for the last year but I must say I have loved staying with him for the last four months. It gave us a time to learn each other’s pet peeves, cleaning habits, daily routines, etc. before we actually live together and I loved every minute of it
- Was able to be included in family moments and birthdays that I haven’t been able to be around for in years ~ I have not been in my hometown this long since I was in high school. Because of school, I have missed many birthdays, but not this year. I have been able to be with my family, on my sister’s, one of my brother’s, my mom’s, my Papa’s, and my future sister in law’s birthday. I also was able to participate in family game nights, family dinners, and family cookouts.
- Physical health ~ Although consistency slacks as I get busier, this has remained as a focus of mine from what I put into my body to how I take care of my body. There’s still room for improvement here.
- Discovered my love for painting ~ I share in my last post, “Get Creative!” some of my latest painting projects. I plan to focus on that more while I have another week until classes restart.
- Poured more energy into passion projects ~ During the last five months, I have (although not alone):
- Followed my mom’s lead on publishing her blog that she has been wanting to do for a while. I’m so happy that she included me and my friends on this project. Its hard to put into words what this blog means to me (but maybe I’ll write about it later),
- Completed 1 season of a podcast, Party of Four, with three other friends. We are currently working on re-branding for Season 2. New content, new structure, new everything and I’m really excited for that.
- Just released Courtney and I’s very first episode of our YouTube Channel, The Real Ali and Court. Check it out and if you like what you see, make sure you subscribe!
Here are some of my favorite moments:
Striving for a positive thoughts only mindset! Although, it may be difficult. I challenge you to put at least one positive thing that came from this pandemic in the comments. READY. SET. GO. 💞
LIVE.LAUGH.LOVE yourself first. Until next time. Mwauh 💋 -Alex